Our summer camp for ages 6-13 focuses on the basic fundamentals of baseball and instill the proper methods to improve and hone each player’s skills, all while learning and enjoying this great game. Each camper will be exposed to the following:
- Proper mechanics/techniques of throwing a baseball
- Defensive techniques and strategy
- Fundamentals of the swing
- Mental Aspect of the “Game”
- Base running form/techniques
- Pitching, Catching, and Position Player Fundamentals
- Sportsmanship and Rules
Each day of camp consists of a different skill and technique that players learn and apply. Instruction takes place each morning so players can utilize skills taught in afternoon games. Every player is analyzed and evaluated during instruction and games.
All campers must bring their own glove; bats and helmets will be provided if players do not bring their own. All campers are responsible for bringing their own lunch. Water is available.
Campers visit the South Orange Pool on select dates. Campers are notified in advance of their pool day, and are reminded to bring a change of clothes as well as a towel.
In case of rain, arrangements are made for indoor instruction.
TYPICAL SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- MONDAY: Introductions/Evaluations & Testing
- TUESDAY: Defensive Drills (Infield/Outfield)
- WEDNESDAY: Offensive Skills (bunting,
base running, offensive awareness and hitting drills
- THURSDAY: Specialty Positions Breakdown
- FRIDAY: GAME DAY!!